- Log in below to create an author account.
- Enter your abstract, keywords and other required information in the portal window.
- Add your manuscript or work of journalism link as a .docx attachment to the abstract.
- Illustrations should be either noted or placed in the text at their desired location, as well as provided in separate files as described below.
- Please read the latest Call for Submissions for word limits and other important details.
- Manuscripts are to be uploaded as an attachment to your abstract
- Remove all identifying information (use Document Inspector in Word to remove metadata)
- Manuscripts must be submitted as a .docx file
- Reference format is APA
- Manuscripts must be in 12-point type Times New Roman, double-spaced.
- A title of no more than 50 characters should be provided.
- Tables, figures, and graphics are accepted only when necessary for the rigour of the argument. For visual aids not easily produced via word processing, pdfs can be submitted.
- All illustration files must be clearly labelled in relation to how they are noted or placed in the text (eg. Fig. 1; Table 2, etc).
- For previously unpublished A/V material, authors must submit a .docx file containing the link and password to the material, which must be hosted online by the author (eg. Vimeo, Soundcloud, Hightail or similar platform) under password protection. The .docx file should also contain a short essay of approx. 1,000 words linking the journalism work to the themes of Facts & Frictions and formatting to our text conventions stated above.
- Published A/V journalism works may be submitted in the form of a .docx file containing a stable hyperlink, evidence of republishing rights and contact information for the original publisher. Accompanying descriptive essays must be in 12 pt Times New Roman, double-spaced. The .docx file should also contain a short essay of approx. 1,000 words linking the journalism work to the themes of Facts & Frictions and formatting to our text conventions stated above.
- If a work is accepted for publication in the journal, Facts & Frictions will request a file copy in MP3 audio or MP4 video format.
Current Call for Submissions – Deadline May 1, 2021
We look forward to your submission. If you have questions about the process, please contact the editor.